by Stefan Topfer of The Small Business Blog (www.sme-blog.com)
March 28, 2011
Top 5 Tips for Tackling Small Business Problems
The top 5 tips post is full of hints and tips for small, home & micro business owners.
1. Identify your goal and objectives when tackling a problem. All objectives should be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely).
2. Find someone who has already been through similar problems and ask them to be your business mentor.
3. Be prepared to take massive action, even if it means fundamentally changing aspects of your business that have always been done a certain way since the beginning.
4. Make sure that you have a feedback loop in place so that you are able to gauge how successful your attempt to tackle the problem has been.
5. Don’t be afraid to change direction or be flexible when you are trying to overcome a problem. Blindly following an unsuccessful path or simply just giving up will still leave you with the original problem unsolved!
If you have additional tips, please share them in the comments section below.